Jewellery Sizing Guide
We have created three printable guides to help you with your purchases. You can download them by click the buttons.
There are three size guides for your jewellery; one for necklace length and the other for rings, simply click on the required guide and it will open in a new window.
Please note: you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this files. If you do not have this, please visit Adobe’s Website to download the latest version.
For the best ring size accuracy, please contact us for a measurement. In the mean time, our ring sizing guide should help.
FIND YOUR PREFECT RING SIZE
There are several factors that affect ring size besides actual finger measurement.
- The difference in size between finger joints and the place where a ring sits affects the choice of ring size. Your ring should fit your finger comfortably; snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle.
- Your ring size is also affected by the specific ring. Wider rings and those in which a stone or setting projects toward the finger will require larger sizes than thinner rings, even for the same finger.
- Fingers change size in response to body chemistry and temperature, sometimes by several sizes.
- For best results measure your finger size at the end of the day when your fingers are warm (fingers are smaller in the early morning and when cold).
- Measure your size several times to estimate an average reading.
- Avoid using string or paper to measure your ring size as these materials can stretch or twist, yielding an inaccurate measurement.
COMMON RING SIZES
The most common women’s ring sizes range from size K to N with size M or N being the most popular female ring size.
The most common men’s ring sizes range from size R to U with size T being the most popular male ring size.
BUYING A RING AS A SURPRISE
You could ask the recipient’s friends or family if they know their finger size or borrow one of the recipient’s rings from the correct finger and take it into a jewellery shop or jeweller to be sized.
INTERNATIONAL RING SIZE CONVERSION
If ordering from outside of the UK you can determine your UK ring size by using the International Ring Size Conversion below.